Hellish Holidays Copyright Notice:
We encourage our users to upload video, photos and stories about holiday experiences. When you do, you retain ownership of your material. Hellish Holidays may host, or assign hosting to a third-party site, and share your material for only as long as you leave it up on our site.
Please note that we cannot accept any material we consider offensive. This includes nudity and certain language.
Hellish Holidays will not alter your material in any way that affects your artistic vision, with the following exceptions:
- We may remove or block minimal offensive language or visuals from material that otherwise is not offensive.
- We may copy edit text submissions to remove typographical errors.
- We may edit text submissions for length.
- We may crop photo submissions to better fit the available space.
It is the policy of Hellish Holidays to remove material that it believes in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our users. We will also remove and discontinue service to repeat offenders.
If you believe that material or content residing on the Hellish Holidays website infringes a copyright, please email a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information, in English, to notification (at) hellishholidays.com. Please include:
- The name and, if possible, an electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of works or materials being infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing including information regarding the location of the infringing materials that the copyright owner seeks to have removed, with sufficient detail so that we can find it and verify its existence;
- Your contact information including street address, telephone number and e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that the material in question is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement made under penalty of perjury that the information provided is accurate and the notifying party is authorized to make the complaint on behalf of the copyright owner.
Once Proper Infringement Notification is Received by Hellish Holidays, it is our policy:
- to remove or disable access to the infringing material;
- to notify the user that it has removed or disabled access to the material; and
- that repeat offenders will have the infringing material removed from the system and that Hellish Holidays will terminate such user's access to the website and service.
If the user believes that material that was removed or to which access was disabled is either not infringing, or the user believes that he or she has the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, the user must send a counter-notice containing the following information, in English, to notification (at) hellishholidays.com. Please include:
- An electronic signature of the user;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that the user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the material; and
- User's name, address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address and a statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the user's address is located, or if the user's address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which Hellish Holidays is located, and that such person or entity will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, Hellish Holidays may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the user, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days after receipt of the counter-notice, at our sole discretion.
Please be aware that some of the material on Hellish Holidays is syndicated and hosted by other sites. If you find that video you uploaded on a different site is appearing on Hellish Holidays, and you would like Hellish Holidays to stop linking to or embedding your video, please contact us via the website and ask us to remove it. Please provide the URL and your contact information.
Your privacy is important to us.
Please contact us at privacy (at) hellishholidays.com for any additional questions about the management or use of personal data.
About Hellish Holidays
After years of optimistic holiday planning that ended in disappointment, I finally gave up and lowered my expectations. My car burned up on the Fourth of July. Thanksgiving and Christmas were spent shuttling between divorced parents. Throughout my 20-year marriage I spent every New Year’s Eve cooking and cleaning in preparation for the 100+ people who show up for my husband’s (not my!) traditional New Year’s Day open house. Not that New Year’s Eve was ever a success for me in my single years. And don’t even get me started on Valentine’s Day.
In short, I have finally accepted that holidays suck. Screw Martha Stewart and Hallmark, it’s all a big crock. The people we love will let us down, the food won’t taste anything like the magazines tell us, no one wants to clean up, and there’s a reason fireworks are illegal in most states.
I knew I couldn’t be the only one who feels this way, so I thought up HellishHolidays.com. Here, it’s OK to admit that you’re miserable when you’re supposed to be happy, that you hate what you’re supposed to love. We all feel better knowing that others share our pain, and it’s a lot easier to laugh at someone else’s exploding oven than your own. Join us and share your own stories, or just be a voyeur and see what everyone else is going through. I can’t promise you won’t cry, but I do promise you’ll laugh, too.
Laura Foti Cohen
Laura is a writer and an independent consultant, providing strategic counsel and marketing and editorial services to a wide range of clients at the intersection of entertainment and technology. Prior to forming her consulting practice, Sound Input LLC, Laura served as Senior Vice President of Philips Interactive Media, working in CD-Interactive, CD-ROM and the Internet. During her nine years with Philips she played key roles in areas from product development to marketing to business development. She was previously Director of Marketing for RCA Video Productions (BMG) and Video Editor of Billboard in the early days of MTV. She holds a B.A. in Journalism from New York University.